Thread: Voting System Modifications

1. #1 Voting System Modifications 
    Registered Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The current voting system is rather bland, unpleasing and the potential rewards are lacklustre. Most of the rewards aren't reflective of the community, nor the economy or gameplay.

My idea is simple: improve the voting system to better reflect the playerbase, which can help increase the amount of voting & rewards players for their loyalty towards Lunaris. I'm suggesting to completely overhaul the interface, introduce a daily reward system for voting, different gambling options for voting points & a shop to spend points on items that are useful for any type of character or gameplay!

Please note: I kept most of the rewards (Daily & Shop) blank so players can suggest ideal items. This way, the community can provide their own opinion of potential rewards.

Voting Calender (Tab 1)

Using this system, players will be given additional daily rewards if the player had successfully voted for the server. These rewards are extra and cost no Voting Points to obtain. Also, this system will keep track of your vote points (possible accumulated total would be a nice addition), your last successful vote (not vote token claim) & username.

Players will be further rewarded on specific days, otherwise known as voting milestones. These are awarded to the player based on the amount of consecutive and accumulated votes. The items should be beneficial for the player & daily gameplay, not overpowered but based on the following:
    • 7 Days (Resets monthly)
    • 14 Days (Resets monthly)
    • 21 Days (Resets monthly)
    • 28 Days (Resets monthly)
    • 10 Votes
    • 25 Votes
    • 50 Votes
    • 75 Votes
    • 100 Votes (And +50 after)

Voting Point Gamble (Tab 2)

Players should be able to continue spending Voting Points to gamble for a random item. It should be improved to allow for multiple options, as shown above.

• Low Gamble would be the current version.
    • Medium Gamble would increase the chances of a Super Rare drop.
    • High Gamble would increase the chances of a Super Rare & Very Rare drop.

Also, when I created the picture above, I purposefully left a blank box. This area could be used to describe the gambling option, as well as gives a basic description of the rewards available. Furthermore, you could include a scrolling marquee depicted icons of available prizes.

Voting Point Shop (Tab 3)

Finally, players can spend the points they accumulated from voting at the Voting Point Shop. It can contain various items that are beneficial for the playerbase but won't directly effect the economy in a serious or negative way. Please note, this is a basic list of items that meet the criteria above and shouldn't be the only options available.

• Coins
    • Vote Token (Tradeable ; Can claim for 3 points. Cost 3 points)
    • Experience Lamp (Tradeable ; 100k)
    • Ammunition Pack
      • Contains Wrath runes, Dragon arrows, Dragon bolts (Not gem-tipped), Dragon javelins, Dragon darts, Dragon throwing axe & Onyx bolts (e) as Super Rare drops.
      • Contains Rune Pouch, Ammo-Pouch & Dragon Bolts (Gem tipped & enhanced) as Very Rare drops.

• Consumables Pack
      • Contains Extended Stamina potions, Extended Overload potions, Extended anti-fire, Extended anti-poison, Saradomin brews, Super restore & Saradomin flasks as Super Rare drops.
      • Contains Extended Overload flask, Super restore flask, Extended anti-fire flask & Extended Stamina flask as Very Rare drops.

• Equipment Box (Contains various gear)
      • Contains Abyssal whip, Dark bow, Master wand, Amulet of fury, Rune defender & Barrows as Super Rare drops.
      • Contains Dragon boots, Ranger boots, Infinity boots, Dragon defender & Fire cape as Very Rare drops.

• Skillful Pack (Contains various skilling supplies, including onyx)
      • Contains experience boosting,skill enhancing clothing & dragon tools as Super Rare drops.
      • Contains Infernal equipment & Flasks as Very Rare drops.

• Re-Roll Token (added just incase Daily/Weekly/Monthly Task system is added)
    • Ring of Wealth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nicely presented, great suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I love the presentation of this suggestion: the visuals are superb, the information is concise, and the whole format in general is impeccably organized. On to the actual suggestion itself - I disapprove of some of the parts. I can see how the varied choices for rewards would be appealing to players, but I feel as though most people would ignore the vote store and go for the gambles as they do now. The temptation from the possibility of receiving items such as partyhats and twisted bows overshadows the vote point store. Plus, the current system already rewards those who vote consecutively with 07 gp. Additionally, I have a few qualms about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Resort View Post
    Contains Extended Overload flask
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see overloads in the game. The problem is Lunaris is meant to be an oldschool server and the overloads themselves would be perhaps a bit overpowered.

In the end, however, the voting system is a bit lackluster currently with the main attraction being the ability to gain donator status for twelve hours. Your suggestion is probably the clearest option so far with seemingly a significant amount of work put into it. I would advise a few small tweaks, but besides that, I definitely approve of this.

Ex Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done, love it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great suggestion last resort, keep em coming!

Registered Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g0d View Post
    Firstly, I love the presentation of this suggestion: the visuals are superb, the information is concise, and the whole format in general is impeccably organized. On to the actual suggestion itself - I disapprove of some of the parts. I can see how the varied choices for rewards would be appealing to players, but I feel as though most people would ignore the vote store and go for the gambles as they do now. The temptation from the possibility of receiving items such as partyhats and twisted bows overshadows the vote point store. Plus, the current system already rewards those who vote consecutively with 07 gp. Additionally, I have a few qualms about this:
    Well, thank you. As I have been doing this for literally years, it's become normal for me to present ideas in such a way.

The shop itself has something that Lunaris is lacking - diversity. The diversity of the playerbase is pretty low, since there is minimal attraction to other aspects of the game & can explain why the growth rate of the server isn't exactly booming. However, that is a completely different topic.

The shop isn't complete & opinions are welcomed to help further improve it. For example, the equipment box can be revised with alternative item ideas such as PKing equipment, including but not limited to Dragon Claws (Very Rare), Dragon Crossbow (Very Rare), Staff of Light (Very Rare), Crystal Halbred (Very Rare to Ultra Rare), etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see overloads in the game. The problem is Lunaris is meant to be an oldschool server and the overloads themselves would be perhaps a bit overpowered.

In the end, however, the voting system is a bit lackluster currently with the main attraction being the ability to gain donator status for twelve hours. Your suggestion is probably the clearest option so far with seemingly a significant amount of work put into it. I would advise a few small tweaks, but besides that, I definitely approve of this.

Overloads exist in OSRS, usable & limited to the in the Nightmare Zone.
    With that concept in mind, perhaps those potions can be limited to locations around Lunaris. I would recommend primarily competitive areas such as monster areas, boss monsters & mini-games. Currently, Overload potions would provide the best level boost for all combat stats especially ranged & magic, which would be another selling point.

Ex-staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    -Corey
    Ex staff

Registered Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping lol

Administrators
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF YOU HAVE SOME HOW GOTTEN TO THIS LINK, OUR NEW FORUMS ARE LOCATED AT https://lunaris.rs/community/index.php?/forums/
    -Justin
    Administrator, Community & Staff Manager